It’s been 5 nights since I’ve slept through the night. 4 of those were due to my son, who has an ear infection, coming downstairs in pain. But, my own ears have been hurting the past 3 nights, and the pain has woken me up in the middle of the night. I hope I don’t have an ear infection. I know the docs would want to put me on an antibiotic, and that only makes my Crohn’s worse. Plus the fact that we’ve worked so hard these past 6 months to get my gut back in balance with good bacteria, the last thing I want to do is go and kill everything and start all over again!
It’s hard to not get enough sleep. I am someone who needs a ton of rest in the first place, so not getting enough really takes its toll. I wonder if I would have been hit so hard if I would have been caught up on sleep? Possibly not….
But, since I’m here, this is what I’m doing:
- Gargling with warm water and sea-salt
- Snorting warm water and sea-salt into my sinuses. This has always loosened everything up for me
- Drops of warm sesame oil and garlic, in each ear, twice a day. Today my ear popped, just a little bit, and is hurting less. I have hope this will continue to help (garlic is a natural antibiotic, and the warm oil is very soothing for the pain)
- Hot packs on the ears
- Massage on the lymph nodes and sinuses. I actually had a chair massage this morning from a masseuse, and she did my sinuses. They were feeling great the rest of the afternoon!
- Apple cider vinegar. I gargle with this at last once a day, and try to swallow at least a teaspoon. It is supposed to be very good for you
My throat still hurts, sometimes worse than others, and I have to keep on top of the pain in my ears. I hope tonight to get some good sleep. I can’t do too many more days or little sleep………